Rangeland Seed Drill — "A time-proven planter"
P&F Services manufactures rugged rangeland seed drills for planting in mountainous and rocky terrain. We offer a single design with options to customize each seed drill for your specific needs.
- Full-size drill; two boxes, plants 10' swath
- Half-size drill; single box, plants 5' swath
- Hydraulic lift [what does this do?]
- 3 box styles for specific seed types
FeaturesOur rangeland seed drills offer features for specific to planting in rocky and mountainous terrain.
- High disc clearance for clearing obstacles.
- Disc opener arms cast soil toward center of drill to equalize disc thrust.
- Discs spaced 12" apart and attached to main frame, allowing independent vertical action for maneuvering over rocks, brush or other obstacles.
- Seed delivery system accommodates grain, legume and fluffy seeds.
- Large wheels for negotiating rough terrain.
- Folding tongue for easy hauling.
|Full size||Plants 10 feet|
|Half size||Plants 5 feet|
|10-opener arms||12" spacing|
|Tires||11.25 x 28, 10 ply|
|Depth Rings||18" or 17"|
Manufactured to US Forest Service specifications RM27
Scroll over the photos below to enlarge and see options
Two groups of 5 disc opener arms are arranged to cast soil toward the center of the drill to equalize disc thrust. Notice maximum clearance under discs for maneuvering over rough terrain.
Half size drill with grain box, loaded on a flatbed trailer showing tongue folded back for easy hauling.
Full size drill box with large grain box and legume box.
Drills are easy loaded on and off a semi-trailer.
Disc opener arms are spaced 12 inches apart and attached directly to the main frame to allow independent vertical action when passing over rocks, brush or other obstacles.
Seed delivery mechanism for a three-box drill.
Easy loading of seeds into a full size drill with three boxes and optional hydraulic lift.
View of agitators in a fluffy seed box.
Seed Drill Clients
Simplot Phosphorous Mine; Vernal, Utah
Nevada State Game and Fish
University of Nevada; Reno, Nevada
Bureau of Land Management; Idaho Falls, ID
Utah Game and Fish (Utah Division of Wildlife Resources?)
Black Hills Bentonite Mine; Worland , WY
Bureau of Land Management; Worland, WY
Bureau of Land Management; Vale, OR
Deer Lodge, Montana, Soil Conservation District
Utah Soil Conservation District
Chevron P & M Mine; Kemmerer, WY
Columbia Empire Farms; Madras, OR
Hycreek Ranch; Bend, OR
The countries of Morocco, Iran, Greece and Canada